Rockaway, NJ —Pierson & Associates LLC will be conducting a three day training course entitled “The Art of Practical and Precise Strain-Based Measurement” in Detroit, MI at Bakers Convention Center, April 25-27, 2005.
This course provides in-depth instruction in the precision measurement of physical parameters. You’ll learn how and why sensors lie and what you can do about it. With an understanding of the theories, and hands-on practice putting them into effect, you’ll learn to work with sensors to obtain more fact than fiction.
The Art of Practical and Precise Strain-based Measurement
Hands-On Introductory Strain-Gage Workshop
LEARN HOW …
* Strain-based sensors function – both statically and dynamically
* To identify the conditions under which pressure transducers may also become accelerometers, temperature sensors, radiometers, surface strain gages, antennas
* To minimize error contributions due to drift
* To perform thermal zero and thermal sensitivity compensation
* To properly interpret measurement system outputs
* To prepare surfaces for bonding
* To apply strain gages … and build your own sensor