Welcome to The MesurementMedia Network. This is our first post. More coming soon.
IECEx certifies modern gas detectors and sensors
In a copyrighted story in the March issue if IEC’s e-tech magazine of the same title which begins:
“A BBC News item dated 30 December 1986 announced that more than 200 canaries still employed in UK mines were to be made gradually redundant throughout 1987. The article stated that “new electronic detectors will replace the birds because they are said to be cheaper in the long run and more effective in indicating the presence of pollutants in the air otherwise unnoticed by miners.” Continue reading
Boulder, CO, USA – June 24 – 29, 2012
Boulder CO, USA — The Symposium is concerned with theoretical, experimental, simulation, and applied aspects of the thermophysical properties of gases, liquids, and solids, including biological systems.
Appropriate topics are:
* Thermodynamic Properties, including equation of state, phase equilibria, p-V-T behavior, heat capacity, enthalpy, thermal expansion, sound speed, and critical phenomena.
* Transport Properties, including thermal and electrical conductivity, viscosity, mass diffusion, thermal diffusion, non-Newtonian behavior, and thermal, thermoacoustic, and other diffusion waves.
* Optical and Thermal Radiative Properties, including dielectric constant, refractive index, emissivity, reflectivity, and absorptivity.
* Interfacial Properties, including solid-solid interfaces, surface tension, interfacial profiles, interfacial transport, and wetting.
* Data Correlation, including data evaluation and prediction, standard reference data, databases, and storage and retrieval of thermophysical-property data.
Call For Paper Extended Until June 25th
Erice, Italy — The complete list of invited speakers to the “First Mediterranean International Workshop on Photoacoustic & Photothermal Phenomena” that will be held at the Ettore Majorana Foundation and Center for Scientific Culture EMFCSC in Erice ( Sicily , Italy ), in the period July 11-18, 2010 .
There are a few places left to attend and present your work at the Workshop. For this purpose the application deadline has been extended to June 25, 2010 .
The Conference fee is 1000 Euro for each participant. The fee will cover the accommodation, all meals including the social dinner (for the whole period July 11-18), the registration and the transfer to and from the major Airports close to Erice (Trapani or Palermo).
Applying Solutions to Emerging Industry Challenges – 22-25 February 2010
Tampa, FL USA — Seminars: Aseptic Processing, Inspection Readiness, OSD Guidance, Leveraging C&Q and GAMP®5 for Lean Project Delivery, Syringe Processing, Containment Forum, Technology Transfer, Good Engineering, Maintenance Practice.
Training Courses: Pharmaceutical Water Generation, HVAC, GAMP®5
Deadline for abstracts:16 April 2010
Research Triangle Park NC, USA – The Technical Program Committee of ISA Automation Week 2010:Technology and Solutions Event has issued a Call for Papers inviting authors, experts, innovators, and automation professionals to submit abstracts for presentation consideration at the conference to be held in Houston, TX, 4-7 October 2010.
ISA Automation Week 2010: Technology and Solutions Event is a knowledge-focused event that will bring top professionals in automation and control together for an intensive technical conference and networking opportunity with key industry suppliers.
Sessions will be educational and applications-based, rich in content, and delivered by subject-matter experts in each field.
The Call for Papers for the event solicits abstracts that cover topics for the following seven tracks, as they relate to automation:
* Automation and Control
* Wireless and Networking
* Professional Development/Human Asset Optimization
The deadline for abstract submittals for consideration to present is 16 April 2010.
With The Process Cleaning Expo
Hopewell Junction NY, USA — Dr. K. L. Mittal of MST Conferences has announced a call for papers to be presented at the 12th International Symposium on Particles on Surfaces: Detection, Adhesion, and Removal that will be held in conjunction with the Process Cleaning Expo in Louisville, KY on May 4-6, 2010.
MST is currently accepting abstracts for papers on the following suggested topics:
• Detection, identification and characterization of particles on surfaces in Micrometer scale & Nanometer scale.
• Factors that influence particle adhesion including chemistry, topography, shape, size, relative humidity, medium, etc.
• Particle adhesion measurement techniques and forces affecting adhesion: JKR theory, Hamaker theory.
• Techniques for particle removal including the challenge of nano-scale removal and role of fluid dynamics in particle removal.
• Implications of particle contamination in microelectronic applications, biomedical applications, optical applications, and precision tool applications.
• Thermodynamics of particle removal including interactions with fluids, electrolytes and solvents.
• Detection and Removal of bacteria/viruses considered as particles.
The SUMMER 8th International Conference on Computing, Communications, and Control Technologies: CCCT 2010
Caracas, Venezuela — CCCT 2010 is being organized in the context of The 3rd International Multi-Conference on Engineering and Technological Innovation: (IMETI 2010) is to to be held on June 29-July 2, 2010 in Orlando, Florida, USA.
The deadlines are the following:
Papers/Abstracts Submissions and Invited Sessions Proposals: February 17th, 2010
Authors Notifications: March 12th, 2010
Camera-ready, full papers: May 19th, 2010
You can also submit your abstract-paper to any of the following conjoined and/or collocated events which have the same set of deadlines:
Rockwell Automation and Rockwell Collins Sponsor Automation Federation Boy Scout Jamboree Exhibit
Research Triangle Park NC, USA – The Automation Federation (AF) have announced that Rockwell Automation and Rockwell Collins will participate in the AF Technology Quest exhibit at the 2010 Boy Scout Jamboree, which will be held 26 July through 4 August 2010, at Fort A.P. Hill, VA.
This historic event will celebrate the “100th Year of Scouting in America ” and will attract more than 250,000 Scouts per day.
Technology Quest is an exhibit area at the Jamboree where Scouts will take part in a variety of science-related activities on a daily basis. The Scouts, traveling from all over the United States , will learn about the importance of math and science in education and for possible careers in automation, including those in engineering and technology.
The Automation Federation was selected in March by the Boy Scouts of America to be a Technology Partner at the 2010 National Boy Scout Jamboree.
Abstracts due by April 1, 2010
North Billerica MA, USA — Submit an abstract(s) and attend the 2010 InfraMation Thermography Conference.
The conference is organized and hosted by the Infrared Training Center and FLIR Systems.
It will be held November 8-12, 2010 at Bally’s, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
Deadline extended until January 31, 2010
Boulder CO, USA — Join us, as a returning speaker or first-time presenter, as we bring you “21ST CENTURY INNOVATIONS IN METROLOGY”.
The NCSL International 2010 Workshop & Symposium will be held in Providence, Rhode Island at the Rhode Island Convention Center from Sunday, July 25, 2010 – Thursday, July 29, 2010.
Take advantage of this opportunity to share your related metrological experiences, the results of your hard work on a committee, or some specialized measurement techniques you have developed.